It's one of our all-time favorite zones from any of our games and it's been re-imagined by the AQ3D team. You can check it out by heading through Greenguard Cave straight through to the other side or you can just...
We have added a number of new swords for you in both Artix's Shop and as a drop from the Undead Terror. Watch the video above if you have trouble finding it.
The Shop has...
- The Doom Ripper
- Midas' Curse
- Sworn Oath
The Undead Terror drops...
- The Dark Knight
- The Wicked Joke
- King's Ransom
These are the hardest items to get in the game. The drops are around 2% and the Undead Terror is a real beast. It will take everything you've got to beat him and you will need help.
If you'd rather grind quests than battle for drops, Artix has 2 new quests that each pay out 1000 gold each, to help you save up for the UBER expensive weapons in his shop. These are mostly for bragging rights, although the stats are pretty nice.
If you're the explorey type, Doomwood Forest has a lot of great things to climb and a lot of areas where we have future quests planned so have fun looking around the new map and trying not to get Wolfganged (when a gang of Shadow Wolves gang up on you). There have also bee a number of back end changes, stability improvements and other things that you can't see but AQ3D is moving forward a breakneck speed! Thanks for helping us Alpha Test!
Have a good weekend! OR ELSE!
It's almost time to go back to school... but not quite yet! Don't miss a moment of our final summer releases! We've got time travel, dragon battles, soul scrying, and more for you, and it all starts now!
Trapped in Time: Battle Through the Past
Take the battle against the Queen of Monsters into new dimensions! Travel into the past to help an assassin with a dark secret steal the Star Core before the Queen of Monsters can get it… or our future will cease to exist!
- Uncover the secrets of the Starsinc Fortress in our newest player-designed release!
- Talk to Final in /starsinc to see a shop full of limited-time release rewards!
- Defeat Prime Dominus to unlock an all-new Challenge Fight!
- Find Braeus in Shadowfall and begin the quests to unlock the Necrotic Sword of Doom
The Dragon Returns, Part 1
After years of dormancy, Dravax has emerged reenergized and ready to wake its Master to extract revenge on Delta V for an embarrassing defeat years ago.
- Part one begins with 11 challenging new missions!
- Challenge Dragonoid Spawn throughout the Barrens to beat back the cosmic hordes.
- Equip new dragonoid gear to power up and prepare for an even more challenging part 2!
Clyde's Repertorium: Layard's Deception!
This week, battle through Clyde's Repertorium, a collection of quests that explains the history and backstory of the weapons he's created over the years!
- Experience the history of Layard and his deception of King Omelyhis, as long as you can survive Clyde's unique narration!
- Spell Scroll quest update: The entire quest has been updated with new challenges and more spells!
August Golden Giftboxes are Here!
- Dragonhide armor! The updated armor still provides great Earth resistance, but when battling a dragon, will now become more resistant to that dragon's element!
- Tempest Scimitar! The blade will now inflict Lucky Strikes more often than normal!
Scrying is a delicate and intense process. You’ll need to use your memory and focus to bend the Darkness runes to your will and breach the shadows so you can spy on your Cultist enemies. One misstep… one sequence wrong… and you risk catching the attention of the Darkness being that leads them.
- Seek out the help of an old “friend” to spy on Caitiff!
- Find out more about the Cultists and Serenity!
- Who was the Cultist spy in Falconreach?
The Morehawk Floats Back!
The permanent version of the Morehawk mecha has arrived in the Artillery shop on the second floor of the Star Captains Club!
- All-new specials let you “borrow” power from your opponent.
- Excellent model to use vs. bosses
Each of Artix Entertainment's new weekly releases is full of rewards just for you, so dive on into battle and see what kinds of treasure you discover!
You’ve been summoned by Chrysos, Lord of the Treasure Dragons! Brave the deadly spell of Xergon's gold curse and survive the Beast Below to rescue the Treasure Dragon's heir... or the entire race will perish!
Prepare for the return of the Dragonoid with a Power Weekend!
- Double experience and credits all weekend long!
- Prepare for the return of the Dragonoid and an upgraded Dravax!
The entire Spell Scroll quest has been updated with new challenges and more spells!
- You must explore the cursed keep of the sorcerer Varrinsqu, brave soul.
- Buried deep within its wall are 8 rare spell scrolls.
- Each of these scrolls contains arcane knowledge found nowhere else.
Verlyrus the boxcat needs your help again! Some of his friends are hungry, and you’re bringing them dinner!
- Find out what happened to something important from Book 1 Amityvale!
- Will you be able to discover more about the mysterious Verlyrus?
The leaders of the G.E.A.R.S. houses have decided to test their house members to see how they’re progressing. Do you have what it takes to be recognized as one of the strongest members of your house?
- Challenge the leader of your house! This will change based on your level. There’s even a challenge mode fight for each house!
- New weapon specials await you if you succeed!
We are SO close... but we're not there yet.
AQ3D is leaving behind the fun Tech Demo phase today and entering a new, exciting stage of development... Alpha! But right at this VERY SECOND, the servers are offline while we perform some merging of tables and databases and make sure the server hamsters have state of the art wee tiny running shoes.
Once we enter Alpha Phase, a lot more people are going to be able to play. Not just active AQW members, but former members, AC purchasers, DragonLords, StarCaptains, Guardians, those who have bought Varium, Soul Gems and even Smash Coins.
Tech Demo testers can expect their Tech Demo badges and Star Swords to arrive by the end of today, and remember that all Tech Demo testers, our new Alpha Testers and even those who tested Legends of Lore will (toward the end of Alpha) recieve the Alpha Knight armor and access to the rest of the Alpha Knight Set.
Get your Firefox and IE ready (because AQ3D doesn't work on Chrome. They dropped support for Unity)... before the sun suts here in sunny Florida, you will be able to create your shiny new AQ3D account, and get a very early shot at grabbing the coolest character name you can think of.
Hold on to your hats.
Our game releases come EVERY week, not just once in a blue moon! But since tonight is a blue moon, when you're not battling bosses and farming for rewards in this weekend's new game releases, keep an eye out for wild and crazy surprises!
Cysero's Secret: Goose of Terror
When Cysero asks for your help to defend his fabled forge/bakery from some of the queen’s minions, you'll learn more about the origins of nature, life, and the horrors of the fearsome beast they call... the "Goose"! But is that REALLY his secret... Maybe! Maybe there IS no secret! Find out tlhis weekend!
- Battle the Queen of Monsters' ArchSage in his forge to prevent her from getting a priceless artifact
- Find the Anseri Destroyer Mount Armor and more in the Cysero's Secret Rares shop in your Game Menu!
- Don't miss your last chance to get up to 25% more free bonus AdventureCoins! The Bonus AC offer ends August 7th!
Ode to the Oathbreaker
New artists showcase shop featuring Seth Juron the Oathbreaker, a mysterious, blind warrior searching for his kidnapped daughter.
- Unlock the Mark of the Oathbreaker achievement by defeating Seth Juron!
- 20+ new armors, weapons, and more!
- New level 40 2v1 boss!
- 5 new missions!
Play the Harpy
Step back to a far darker time in Lore as you discover the legend surrounding the creation of the harpies. How a warrior queen tries to protect her people at any cost.
August Z-Token Packages are here!
War Totem, Tribal Shaman Armor, and Hulk Shogun & Ansatsu Guest!
• War Totem returns to the 2500 package.
• Tribal Shaman returns to the 12000 package.
• Hulk Shogun & Ansatsu returns to the 7500 package.
You’ve crawled out of the depths of the Valtrith Tomb only to find yourself trapped in the ruins of Castle Nostromo and you’re not alone! Something… huge is after you… and it’s hungry. Will you be able to hunt the monster down? Or will you become the prey?
- Battle through Castle Nostromo!
- Discover new information about Jaysun!
Wyonna still needs to pick a G.E.A.R.S. house! Help her decide by allowing her to try out various house mechas and even some special mecha!
- See all the different House Mecha's in action if you still aren't sure which you might like!
- Face off against a few special Mecha that Wyonna has obtained! Will you be able to beat those?
The Tech Demo phase at www.AQ3D.com for AdventureQuest 3D: Legend of Lore is about to end! Last chance to participate before we award the testers and do the database reset to start the ALPHA TESTS!
Tech Demo Testers!
Here is what you are getting....
- AQWorlds Badge (Proof!)
- AQWorlds Rare Tech Demo Weapon (Awesome!)
- After the 3D database reset... the new AQ3D Account System will go live!
- You will then make a shiny new AQ3D account
Then, later, during Alpha Testing... the Alpha Knight armor will be released!
Previous AdventureQuest 3D Testers!
- You will be able to login and play this new version of AQ3D
- Sorry it took so long!
- The "Link your AE account" feature may take a few extra days to get working... but it will not take too long!
- As originally promised, you will get Alpha Knight armor too!
- Everyone will be allowed to Pre-Register for AdventureQuest 3D once the new account system goes live.
- Yes, if you Pre-Register there is a chance you will be invited for special tests with the above players (i.e. Stress Tests)
Your shiny new AQ3D account will be cross-platform ready... which means you can use that same account to login and play your same characters on Apple iOS devices, Android Devices once they go live with the Beta launch (Estimated time of BETA release is October)
Here at the Secret Underground Lab, this we're battling real-life heat waves and storm surges, but we made sure to keep our laptops dry and our coders caffienated enough to bring you enough massive bosses, anti-magical armies, and new gear to earn to keep you fighting all weekend long!
The LunarMancer: Moonlight on the Grave
- Fight to survive when the LunarMancer's revenge ritual pulls brings an old enemy and his army into Luna Cove!
- Hunt for treasure chests full of new summer gear and /par]ty with your friends in our new hangout - Coral Beach!
- Get up to 25% more AdvenutureCoins when you buy a 12000 or 5000 AC package
- Unlock the exclusive Ancient Grovebreaker Blade when you buy any AdventureCoin package
- Find the Fantastic Lore Limited Time Shop in your Game Menu
Titan's Shop Returns!
- Titan's birthday gear returns to Delta V.
- Visit Titans in his icy Frysteland home for his seasonal rare weapons and item.
- Try your luck with Titan's Triumph Arcade machine!
- Do you have what it takes to defeat Legendary Titan?
Chessmaster: Burning Questions!
- Karuna has been tossed in prison by angry townsfolk!
- Now you must rely on your detective skills as you search for clues and question the people in town.
- Ask the wrong questions and you may be run out of town before you can rescue Karuna! AdventureQuest
- Also don’t miss the Were-Ant pet in the Limited-Time Shop - only here for 1 more week!
StarCrossed: Espina Rosa Saga Finale
- Break out of Lore's most notorious, secure, and dangerous prison this week!
- The Rose's military is on its way - can you and the Rebels escape your shackles before they arrive?
- Don't miss the Lore Replica's Limited Time Shop!
Prototype Accelerator Containment Vessel Package
- A new 15000 Nova Gem package is now available for $29.95!
- Unlocks the all-new Prototype Accelerator Containment Vessel Mecha (levels up to 100!)
- New Hovering items available for Star Captains in the back room of their Captain's Quarters!
New Mobile Game arriving Summer 2015
- For every endless horde of minions there's a final boss behind it all. Check out these concepts for the final obstacle standing between your beast and freedom.
- Completed this week: Final Boss art, plus more new art, main soundtrack, battle track, and final boss tracks!
Follow the offical BioBeasts Twitter for more news!
Artix Entertainment's friendly team of game developers bring you another week of epic battles, deadly bosses, and TONS of all-new reward gear to unlock! Read on to see what waits for you, then /unsheath your blade and prepare to Battle ON!
Log in at www.AQ.com this weekend and bring your friends! When the dungeon itself turns against you... you will need everything you have got to survive because... it is ALIVE! Artix returns with another all-new, ground-breaking (literally!) release to rock your world (and shatter your ideas about just what a dungeon can be made of)!
Don't miss the Ancient Grovebreaker Blade - unlock this exclusive new weapon with any AdventureCoin package, then find the Eternal Groveborn Rares shop in your game menu!
Meet Theon of Odosius, treasure hunter extraordinaire, and embark on a quest to find the lost Yutilian Shards. These shards are said to unlock amazing treasures, but legend has it a terrible creature guard the treasure.
- 2 new shops celebrating our guest artist Theon
- New challenging mission chain
- 2 new fightable NPCs with rare drops
- 20+ new items
- 6 new styles
Our new tutorial is coming this week! Filled with exciting action, music and learning! You will also find a new Balloon Fighter pet in Aria’s Shop. Can you defeat the Ancient Four-Eyed Freak in this week’s Void Challenge Battle?
- Also don’t miss the Were-Ant pet coming to the Limited-Time Shop - only here for 2 weeks!
- Golden Giftboxes - Tuning Blade and Silas the Vampragon
- Tuning Blade is 'tuned' by Drakel technology to enemies that rely on armor, metal or robotics, and therefore has a large bonus to hit them!
- What happens when a vampire bat is magically fused with a dragon? A Vampragon happens, that's what! Silas is a very special Vampragon that can seek between Fire and Darkness elements!
Frydae has made his move at www.DragonFable.com and wrested Thursday from Safiria’s grasp...will you be able to reach the Darkness Tower before Thursday’s ancient ancestor bestows his gift of the vampire curse on her and makes her a member of his eternal royal court?!
An Ebil-corp research station in the middle of a remote asteroid field has put out an Omega level emergency distress call! Mr. Z has requested your help to find out what’s going on but if it’s this serious it can’t be good!
Ebil-corp doesn’t usually ask for favors, but recently they’ve needed quite a few. Maybe something you’ll find on the station will help shed some light on everything!
Tonight! Friday night (est) is the opening of the living dungeon "Titan Hollow" in www.AQ.com I was really grateful to be able to work on this for you with J6, Reens, Ghost and the rest of the AQWorlds team! Like my previous adventure, Dreadspace, it is reasonably sized for casual gamers to enjoy, but has lots of end game and bonus content to do for ultra dedicated gamers who want more. If I only get to tell you one thing about this new mini-story... is that it is beautifully creepy with a really fun feel good ending. When you see the quality of J6's art and Ghost's amazing animated cutscenes... you will see why we needed those extra 3 days!
Without spoiling anything... there is one particular view when you are standing inside of the standing Titan's mouth, looking out... and you can see everything! It is amazing. I think I stared at that scene for hours while I was writing the pun filled quest descriptions. We really need to turn that into a house.
A little backstory. Originally, I was designing this dungeon to be am ultra evil Grimskull puzzle-dungeon... with a "Surprise! It is Grimskull!" reveal at some point. (Which I *STILL* will do one day in the future!) But for this particular summer release we all wanted something that everyone would actually enjoy. Because, um, there is something about dying in terrible and horrible ways... in every room.. multiple times... over and over... that not everyone enjoys. <_< So I carefully placed my evil Grimskull notebook back on the shelf... where it can sit generating nightmares until it is time. Instead,in this release I wanted to focus on the "Parkour of Video Game travel." That is... making getting from point A to point B really interesting. A living dungeon is the perfect place to do that! What started as quick little 5 second cutscenes turned into a pretty full blown production. We came up with he idea for the the end of the adventure while we were still working on it... which I REALLY think you are going to enjoy.
There are two things we did differently in Titan Hollow. First, is how we introduce the villain. As weird and simple as it seems when you play it... it is the first time we have EVER done that. It gives a very clear goal and motivation to get to the end of the dungeon too. Second, you can "re-run" this dungeon. Normally, you beat a quest chain and then farm the boss monster for Drops. In this dungeon, you will re-run the quests to fight the main boss for a single epic prize. To get another epic prize, you re-run a simplier version of the quests again. Of course, there are also some bonus big monster baddies that are there to farm for stuff too.
Again, I really hope you enjoy this adventure. Take lots of screenshots!
P.S. Sorry for writing you a novel! It is 2am... after working on a release like this, I get super hyperactive. I probably will not be able to sleep until you play it. Thankfully we are mostly done now... almost everything is assembled!