Updated May 21, 2018
Cookies: What they Are
A cookie is a small text file that we store on your browser or the hard-drive of your device when you visit our websites or use our products and services.
Some cookies are required for our site to operate. Other cookies can be disabled in your browser if you choose, but your ability to use some areas or features of our site - including purchasing upgrades, will be limited. Learn how to disable cookies on our site.
Types of Cookies
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for our site to operate. For example, these cookies enable you to log in to secure areas of our site or purchase upgrades.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to analyze the type and behaviors of visitors to our sites, and see how they move through our site while using it. This helps us improve how our site works, for example, by helping you find what you are looking for more easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you personally when you return to our site. They enable us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences (for example, saving your login information or remembering your language preference).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising we display more relevant to your interests. We may share this information with third parties for that purpose.
Artix Entertainment websites will set some cookies that are essential for our sites and products to operate. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID - this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors
- Page Number - this cookie identifies the page you are on
- Session ID - this cookie identifies your website session. These expire when you close your browser.
- Test - this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. All of the third-party companies value the security of your personal information. Examples of third-party cookies which may be set include:
- Social media cookies - these cookies are controlled by sites like Facebook and Twitter and enable them to provide you services and features while on our network. Read more about their Privacy Policies:
Temporary vs Persistent Cookies
We use both temporary session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your web browser's help information.
We set persistent cookies to store your game account login and/or password, so you don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to detect new users, and track referrals to the site to reward existing users who tell their friends about our games.
How to Disable Browser Cookies
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the <image of 3 vertical dots> > Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- From here, you can:
- Turn on cookies: Next to “Blocked,” turn on the switch.
- Turn off cookies: Turn off Allow sites to save and read cookie data.
- Click the menu button <image of 3 horizontal bars> and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will, choose Use custom settings for history.
- Uncheck Accept cookies from websites to disable cookies, or click the Exceptions button to customize your cookie settings.
- Get more information about disabling third-party cookies on FireFox
In Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies.
- Click Apply.
As you move the slider up or down, you will see a description of the types of cookies that will be blocked or allowed by Internet Explorer at that privacy level.
- Open the Settings in your Safari browser.
- Choose Preferences
- Select the Privacy setting
- Select the “Cookies and Website Data” option.
- Choose the privacy level you are most comfortable with.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Choose Settings and choose Privacy & Security.
- Under Cookies you will see the options to manage your Cookie settings and choose which Cookies you wish to enable or disable.
Opting-Out, Updating, or Removing Your Personal Information
Contact Player Support at any time to request the following:
- Opt out of providing any information by choosing not to complete any form requesting it
- You may withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your data with reasonable notice to Artix Entertainment
You have the ability to do the following at any time by logging into your Account Management page:
- View, correct, update, or request the deletion of your personal information
- Opt-out of receiving email newsletters and promotional communications
You may also opt out of receiving email communications by following the instructions at the bottom of any email newsletter.
Please note: we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of your request.