3 Letter Names Available
| Friday, June 26, 2020
Have you always wanted a 3-letter name? Read On!
For a short time early on in AQWorlds' life cycle, characters could be created with 3-letter names. We removed that ability due to some backend optimization but now, based on an overwhelming number of requests... we are bringing BACK the ability to give yourself a 3-letter name. This functionality is now available!
3-Letter Name Details
Later on next week, we will return the ability to give yourself a 3-letter character name... with a few caveats:
- 3-letter names will only be available through our "name change" system. (This prevents players from creating a flood of accounts to "steal" three letter names and sit on them, unused.)
- You will need to have a confirmed email address on your account.
We are releasing this next week to give anyone who recently changed their name a change to avoid the week-long "name change cooldown" period.
There are currently only 3,206 accounts in AQWorlds with a 3-letter name. That means there are over 30,000 names you could get as soon as we turn this option back on!
How to Change Your Name in AQWorlds
- Log into the Account Manager and choose Change Username.
- Pick your new username. You will be charged 2000 AdventureCoins.
- The name you choose has to be one that is currently available. You can search for a character name to see if it available via Character Lookup.
- Starting next week, there will be a 3 letter minimum for names.
- Names are available on a first come, first serve basis.
How to get a Name that is Not Available
- If the name you want was on a deleted account, you will have to wait for it to be purged from our system (this can take up to 30 days after it was deleted).
- Certain accounts will never be deleted, including upgraded accounts, accounts with confirmed email addresses, verified accounts, and others.
- We have been renaming "very, very old and inactive" accounts to free up some usernames. We will continue this over time.
- If you just changed your name and want your previous name back, you will have to wait the normal 30 days for the account name to be purged and be available to use again
For more information on account name changes, please see this article in our Help Pages.