Hey there, heroes!
This month's Reimagined release is here. A new quest has been added to the Sulen'Eska quest line!
Caught in a Vise takes place between Haven on the Horizon and the Dragon Rose War. The dravir of the Haven still don't trust the Vind, and something needs to be done about that... before the forces of the dragons and The Rose arrive!
Completing this quest will reward you with a new helm, and if you're lucky, a color custom cosmetic version!
Note: With this reimagined release, you may be required to replay the Dragon Rose War finale and its subsequent quest afterward.
Head over to Sulen'Eska to play "Caught in a Vise"!
Also, as part of this Reimagined release, DeathKnight has received a revamp!
There's a lot of new things here! But, please keep in mind, as with all revamps and class updates, things are subject to change!
- Presence has been reworked into Consuming Presence and Healing Presence.
- You begin fights in Consuming Presence.
- When using Consuming Presence, whenever you use a skill, you take damage equal to 5% of your max HP, in exchange for +60 Boost. (This cannot defeat you).
- You can shift to Healing presence and back to Consuming by clicking on the DeathKnight Blade widget.
- When using Healing Presence, whenever you use a skill, you recover HP equal to 3% of your max HP.
- DeathKnight relics now have an even larger impact on skills. They've been split into 3 categories.
- Blade and Belt for offensive
- If you have an offensive relic equipped (and only if you are in Consuming Presence), you gain +5 Bonus/Boost/Crit for each relic (of any category) you have equipped.
- However, if you have both relics equipped (and only if you are in Consuming Presence), you'll gain that boost as well as an addtional +10 to Bonus/Boost/Crit.
- For example, if you have all relics equipped, you'll gain +40 Bonus/Boost/Crit.
- Cape and Helm for defensive
- If you have a defensive relic equipped, you'll gain +5 All resistance for each relic (of any category) you have equipped.
- However, if you have both relics equipped, you'll gain an additional +10 All resistance.
- For example, if you have all relics equippped, you'll gain a total of +40 All resistance.
- Ring and Amulet for utility
- These follow a similar pattern, +5 (stat) for each relic, then +10 if both are equipped. However, their impact on specific skills differs, and will be addressed below.
- Garb of Undeath
- Duration reduced to 2 turns.
- Avoidance effect increased by 5 per relic (with a utility relic equipped).
- Base damage reduced to 125% total damage.
- Cooldown reduced to 10.
- Soul Slash
- Base damage reduced to 100%.
- DoT damage now scales off of your number of relics (from 40% base damage to 80% base damage).
- Blood Tap
- Now requires a hit to heal.
- Amount healed increases with your number of relics. (from 8% max HP to 12% max HP)
- Necrotic Shift
- Grants another turn after use.
- Applies a DoT or HoT depending on your presence.
- In Consuming Presence, applies a 20% to 40% DoT (based on relics) to your foe for 5 turns.
- In Healing Presence, apples a 3% to 5% Heal over tiem (based on relics) to you for 5 turns.
- Swapping presence removes the Necrotic Curse effects from both you and your foes.
- Cooldown increased to 10 turns.
- Inspire Weakness
- Base damage reduced to 100%.
- All res and Crit reduction now increases based on your number of relics (from -30 to -50).
- Unholy Will
- No longer attempts to stun or DoT.
- This skill now increases your All and Health resistance by 20 for 2 turns.
- The amount increases based on your number of relics (from 20 to 60).
- Dark Rite
- No longer applies a DoT or heals.
- Now does an attack, with base damage of 100%.
- This skill now allows you to sacrifice 25% of your HP to grant 20 Boost and Bonus for 5 turns. (This cannot kill you)
- This amount increases based on your number of relics (from 20 to 40).
- Cooldown reduced to 7.
- Strength Reap
- Base damage increased to 100%
- Now must hit to activate.
- Steals 20 Boost and 20 Bonus from your target for 5 turns.
- Applies 20 Boost and 20 Bonus to yourself for 5 turns.
- The amount granted to yourself (not debuffed on the target) increases based on your number of relics (from 20 to 40). Always applies -20 Boost/Bonus to the target when it hits.
- The Edge of Death
- Removed Summon Minion.
- This skill applies On the Edge to yourself, reducing your HP to 1, but also granting death resistance for 3 turns.
- When On the Edge wears off (or after battle), heal 15% HP, increased up to 25% based on your relics.
- Cooldown reduced to 20.
- Cursed Strike
- Base damage increased to 115%.
- Every DeathKnight relic increases its Boost by 10%.
- Cooldown reduced to 2.
- DeathKnight Relic boost is now additive, instead of multiplicative.
- Base damage reduced to 175%.
- Damage is increased by 1% for every 1% of missing HP.
- Damage boost is now additive, instead of multiplicative.
- Unholy Shadow
- Cooldown reduced to 1, no longer Evil locked.
DeathKnight also has a handy new widget that lets you know which presence you're in, as well as the number of relics you have equipped!
With this rework, my goal was to give it more of an identity as a "master of death". You'll use Consuming Presence as well as Dark Rite to sacrifice health in order to deal large amounts of damage, and then you can also use Healing Presence to regain health at the cost of damage. The DeathKnight relics are much more important to use with the class now, although not totally necessary. You also have a number of very cool tools to defy death and survive on the edge!
So, what do you think? Give it a try in game and let us know your feedback!
A number of bugs have been fixed as well.
- Fixed a number of daggers that had improper specials.
- Fixed the Esoterica and Dark Esoterica weapons, which were behaving oddly.
- Fixed a number of typos in AdventureFriends Part 1 and Part 2.
- Fixed an issue where Sciuridaehotep would act after the Witness in the Primordials challenge.
- Fixed Female Student's head being an old version.
Finally, the Hive Ranger gear is leaving after this week. Who knows if/when it'll return? If you're interested, make sure to pick them up before they leave!
Have feedback about recent releases? Having trouble with any fights? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?
Join the discussion on the official forums!
Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?
Check out the Artix Games Launcher!
Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)