Hey there, heroes!
This week, we return to Book 3's main story! Last time, as the Greenguard Alliance made their way deeper into the ruins under the guidance of Ostromir, Jaania decided on a new path of action, Warlic and Alexander provide sanctuary to a fleeing former foe, and Amadeus' plans take one more step closer to fruition.
Now, as the Greenguard Alliance approaches the Lagohm stronghold defending the Doomwood rift, Jaania buries herself in her work... and formulates a world-changing new theory.
Head over to Queen Victoria in Book 3 Swordhaven, then the Royal Resistance Doomwood camps to play this week's release: The Spark of the Soul!
Also this week, some balance changes and bugfixes! (These may require cache clear to properly show up)
- Red Fruit: Removed Block, applied Crit down to +100 from +200, 'Stuffed' applied for 20 turns, down from 30.
- Yellow Fruit: Removed Dodge, Stuffed applied for 20 turns, down from 30. (+10 All unchanged)
- Green Fruit: Removeed Parry, applied Health resist up to -25, up from -10, Stuffed applied for 20 turns, down from 30.
- Quest 'Direct Current': Added automatic heals before the third and sixth gauntlet battles.
- Fixed a bug where the Nythera and Warlic challenges could progress the Baleful Brothers challenge.
- Fixed a bug where the Yalla and Braytes San challenges could progress the Escherion challenge.
- Fixed a bug where paying to skip potion training could progress past the character level limit (resulting in potions incorrectly healing only 100 HP or MP).
- DEX now increases all damage by DEX/4000% (down from 3*DEX/8000%), and no longer requires a DoT to be appliedd to gain the damage bonus.
- In other words, DEX now adds 5% more damage at 200 DEX (down from 7.5% damage at 200 DEX), as well as 50% more damage on DoTs.
Finally, we're beginning the search for new testers!
Details about the position:
- This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- You will be required to sign an NDA. (since testers get some peeks at things that are not to be shared)
- You must be 18 or older.
- You will be expected to explore, test, and diagnose new releases and potential changes to the game.
- While we're not strict about scheduling, and we very much encourage an "irl comes first" mindset, the more you're able to show up and help, the better. Unfortunately, this means that if you can only show up "sometimes", this may not be for you.
- Most testing is done on Friday afternoons.
- A good attitude and good communication skills are necessary.
- Of course, you must have a DragonFable character and account.
- As DragonFable has a wide spread of types of content, you must be willing to test outside your comfort zone. For example, you will be expected to test challenges, as well as story content. This doesn't mean you must be optimal, but at least willing to try and give your best.
Applications will close on Friday, April 30th. We're looking to bring on five new testers, although that may change depending on the quality of applicants.
Please do not contact staff or testers about your application status.
Also, one application per person, please.
If you are accepted, we will send you an e-mail to the address you provide in the application.
Please understand that due to the expected volume of applications, we will not be able to reply to all applications, but all will be manually reviewed.
Apply here using this this Google form application!
Having trouble with any fights? Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?
Join the discussion on the official forums!
Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?
Check out the Artix Games Launcher!
Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)