Hey there, heroes!
This month's arena challenge has arrived! The Displaced Fates board is rounded off with the Fractured Self challenge, featuring one- no, two major players from Book 2's main story!
That's right, face off against The Professor and Wargoth, two mysterious entities who were set at odds against each other during the Elemental Dissonance incidents!
The Professor is practical and tactical, while Wargoth, uh, burns things. Defeat them both to earn and upgrade two fantastic new helms!
If you think you have what it takes, click on the portal floating above Falconreach to try your resolve in the Arena at the Edge of Time!
Also this week, the Pyromancer and Guardian updates enter the next stage of reworking. Pyromancer has had a total makeover, while Guardian has been polished up a bit.
- Now, you can click on the new Pyromancer's Tome widget above the attack button to swap between Fire and weapon element damage.
- Using weapon element damage will reduce your damage by 10%.
- If INT and DEX are your highest stats, you'll gain 5% damage.
- If INT and DEX are your highest stats and within Level/10 of each other, you'll gain 15% damage total (this works like Ranger's STR/DEX mix)
- Magefire passive
- Now starts at 0 potency, but increases power the more stacks of Pyromancer's Flames are on your enemy.
- For each stack on the foe, Consuming Magefire increases your crit chance by 20%.
- For each stack on the foe, Healing Magefire will heal you for 1% of your HP when you use a skill.
- Pyromancer's Flames
- Pyromancer's DoT skills have been condensed into one 0 cooldown skill.
- The more you use it on a foe, the stronger it gets to a maximum of 5 stacks.
- Once you reach 5 stacks, gain +100 Boost to all attacks.
- Various skills have been shuffled on the skill bar.
- Paper Cannon -> To Ashes
- This skill purges effects from you besides Magefires, and deals more damage the more effects that you had.
- Heal removed, but now applies its effects regardless of which hit hits.
- Now increases your Bonus instead of your Boost.
- Now cleanses all effects on the player (including Magefires!)
- Firetongue -> Breath of Fire
- Disables Magefire for 5 turns, but unleashes a massive attack based on how many turns Magefire has been active. (Max 25 turns)
- Blaze Blue -> Full Throttle
- Now applies Dynamic Shield, which gives you +75 resistance to your current elemetn for 1 turn.
- DoT removed, now applies +50 Health to the target for 2 turns.
- Now removes Pyromancer's Flames from your foe, and resets your stacks to 0.
- Applies Devouring Magefire, which applies and doubles the effects of Healing and Consuming Magefire at full stacks. (+200 crit, +200 Boost, Heal 10% each turn.)
- Lets you follow up with another attack immediately.
- Lava Bubble
- The reflection shield now reduces damage per hit by half.
This should maintain the old Pyromancer playstyle, while provided better rewards for doing so, along with interesting combos. We'll see where it falls after feedback, and it will be adjusted accordingly (whether it is too powerful or not strong enough).
- Guardian now has a widget above the Attack button to let you know what element you have empowered.
- Empowered attacks now do more damage
- Empowered attacks now have a minor secondary effect.
- Awethur's Power now has a 33% chance to activate when used.
- Removed Guardian Dragon's old dialogue while we figure out what to do for him (We have some ideas, but not enough time to set them in motion yet!)
- Skills have been rearranged.
Guardian should be where it is expected to be now as a result. Of course, changes may happen with feedback, but it should be quite satisfying to use.
Also, the quest Sunfall: Part 2 has received some updates in its dialogue. Non-Vind heroes will be surprised to see Alz'ein, while Queen Victoria gets a report about the Deadlands rift.
Finally this week, we have a new monthly Dragon Coin special weapon set made by Dracelix!
The Weapons of Change have arrived for the month of August!
These color-custom weaposn are sure to match whatever you have in mind, so make sure to pick them up before they leave!
And that's all for now! What's coming next week? Well, you'll just have to
As with all reworks and balance changes, feedback is important, and changes are still possible. We'd love to hear your thoughts on these changes!
Have feedback about recent releases? Having trouble with any fights? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?
Join the discussion on the official forums!
Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?
Check out the Artix Games Launcher!
Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)