EpicDuel's last update 2021 is now Live! Experience new features, new missions, and new items plus several critical fixes.
While the core-swapping feature was well received last week, it still brought a few pesky bugs that needed squashed. The cores most affected by this were cores that were never offered for sale in-game or were never meant to be removed from their original item.
- Stun Shot: Swaps correctly without being destroyed. Due to the rarity of this core, those who accidentally destroyed their Stun Gun cores will have them restored.
- Char’s Revenge: Added for sale on Charfade.
- Infernal Spirit: Now has distinct Sidearm and Auxiliary variants. Sold at the Light Mechachillid's shop.
- Ebil Crusher: Unlocked on the Platinum Pulverizer
- Gifter’s Custom Wish Cores: Unlocked and swappable.
- Infernal Fortitude: Infernal Golem armors now come pre-equipped with armor versions of the core.
- Icy Chill: Distinct Sidearm and Auxiliary variants added to Edgar Boothe.
- Azrael’s Anguish P/E: Unlocked core slots.
- Aphrodite’s Woe P/E: Unlocked core slots.
- Harvest Reaper and Spectral Reaper: Unlocked core slots.
- Unbreakable Spirit: Typo corrected.
- Lucky Strike: Typo corrected on armor variant.
Spider has been moving at incredible speeds to deliver some of the most desperately desired EpicDuel quality of life changes. This week, the focus was on improvements to inventory, adding a search bar. Gifters will also appreciate the new /open1000gifts command that will make short work of your gift stockpile, complete with a readout of total items and credits gained.
- Search bars in the bank, core viewer, merchant, and inventory
- "X" button to clear all text in the chat and search bars
- /open100gifts replaced with /open1000gifts
- Duplicates in gifts are replaced with 2k credits -- Cores and Mission Items are exempted
- Withdrawing/Depositing an item from inventory <-> bank will select the previous item in the list
- Swapping core warning messages now only show if replacing a limited core
- After buying a shared style and switching classes, the game no longer gives an error message for trying to equip the recently bought style
Some of you are already having trouble with the search feature due to tens of thousands of items in your inventory. Engaging with search may cause severely slow server response, but we're working on several solutions to this issue. You can avoid the slowdown by avoiding the bar for now.
Another highly requested feature was the ability to purchase ArcadeBots for your homes. Now you can spin your way through the games and purchase Tokens from the comfort of your apartment, yurt, or subterranean compound.
New Daily Missions
New Omega Void trials have been added with to reward armors to match the brutal Inquisitor weapons!
- Inquisitor's Armor
- Inquisitor's CC Armor
Gifting Rules Update
At the start of this year's Gifting event we established a stricter scope for prizes. The intention was to prevent the obligations to the prize winners from spinning out of control, expanding throughout the year. Because the performance on the leaderboards has been so overwhelmingly impressive this year, we decided to allow some additional bonuses to those who cross the 1 million and 2 million gift thresholds.
- Top 15 Gifters who achieve a score of at least 1 million and do not want Founder Armor may instead request for their prize the alternate damage type version of their chosen weapon if it already exists in-game. They may also request personalized cores for that item similar to what was offered in 2018. Only the animation and/or icon can be altered, not the skill itself. The core/skill must also already exist in game for that particular item type. Finally, they may request a custom hairstyle.
- Top 15 Gifters who achieve a score of at least 1 million will receive 2 Secret and Silver Secret packages to distribute at their discretion.
- Top 15 Gifters who achieve a score of 2 million or more and do not want Founder Armor may instead request for their prize a weapon set consisting of a sidearm, auxiliary, and primary. This set must already exist in game (i.e. Beta Weapons or the numerous promotional package weapons). They may also request personalized cores similar to what was offered in 2018. Only the animation and/or icon can be altered, not the skill itself. The core/skill must also already exist in game for that particular item type. Finally, they may request a custom hairstyle.
- Top 15 Gifters who achieve a score of 2 million or more will receive 5 Secret and Silver Secret packages to distribute at their discretion.
- The #1 Gifter's completely customized item can be paired with an alternate damage type item of the same category if applicable. This bonus item will not also be completely customized but have an alternate color scheme determined by the winner.