Hey there heroes!
Now that Falconreach is safe, and the candy economy has recovered from an undead interruption, it's time for Trick-or-Treating!
Croft has appeared, and is accessible from the Mogloween Storybook with new masks to earn! Explore and unlock the neighborhoods of Croft to earn candy and unlock a variety of masks!
Speaking of masks... Cysero's Superstore of Savings has received a shipment of lost and forgotten masks from years past. Masks from Mogloween Chapters 8, 9, and 12 are now available from the Masks shop in Cysero's Superstore of Savings!
Check out this year's Trick-or-Treating event, or access the Night of the Ebil Dread war from the Mogloween Storybook!
Book 3 Falconreach's Guardian Tower is also almost ready for re-opening. Unfortunately, the basement is still under construction, and the Guardian training manual was found to be severely outdated- so its doors will have to remain closed until those issues can be resolved.
Also this week, the Pirate class has received a major update! Note: These changes do not affect Dread Pirate, which will become a Pirate class customization at a future date.
The Pirate class now has a couple of new mechanics! Avoiding or Defending against an attack will now give you an Opening against the attacker, allowing you to fire off a couple quick shots before your next skill. Successfully taking advantage of an Opening will earn you Plunder, which increases the base damage of your damaging skills! You also get an Opening at the start of battle against all your foes! But with all that Plunder... watch out for the allure of Cursed Treasure!
Opening strikes will apply affects of skills, but do not benefit from Plunder.
In summary: Avoid/Defend against attacks to get an Opening. Use that Opening to earn Plunder, which increases your damage!
(Big thanks to a tester who wished to remain anonymous for the Opening mechanic idea!)
Now, for the rest of the changes and adjustments:
- Pirate no longer gains a Boost against foes with negative Bonus.
- Opening Shots have been added.
- When targeting a foe affected by "Opening", skills will deal an additional 100% base damage across two hits.
- Plunder has been added.
- Taking advantage of an Opening increases your Plunder by 1, up to a maximum of 5.
- Each stack of Plunder increases the base damage of your attacks by 10%. (Starting the next turn).
- Plunder only wears off if you allow the Cursed Treasure effect to wear off naturally.
- Cooldown increased to 6, from 5.
- MP cost increased to 20 from 15.
- Avoidance decreased to 180 from 200.
- Dirty Trick:
- MP cost increased to 30 from 20.
- Quick Shot:
- MP cost increased to 25 from 15.
- Help from the Locker
- Cooldown changed to 7, from 15.
- No longer auto-crits.
- Applies Sunken Crew's Curse to the target.
- -30 All, +30 Health, -30 Crit for 3 turns.
- Summon Crackers:
- Effect has been renamed "Go For The Eyes".
- Effect duration increased to 3 turns, up from 2.
- Healing has been reduced from 30% divided across 3 turns to 15% divided across 3 turns. (5% on use, two turns of 5% healing over time)
- Fury of the High Seas:
- MP cost increased to 25 from 22.
- Now does 6 hits, up from 1.
- Damage increased from 80% base damage to 175% base damage.
- MP cost increased to 30 from 28.
- Defenses increased from 80 to 140.
- Retaliation damage reduced to 100% base damage, down from 200%.
- You will now only retaliate against your last target. (For example, if you are attacked by a monster that you did not target, it will not consume your retaliation for that turn, and will not take damage).
- To The Plank!:
- MP cost increased to 25 from 23.
- Cooldown reduced to 4 from 7.
- Planked effect has been increased to -50 Boost, up from -20.
- MP cost reduced to 20 from 21.
- Cooldown reduced to 5 from 7.
- Base damage reduced from 120% to 100%.
- No longer inflicts Avast. Instead, applies Dire Straits, a 50% + stat damage DoT for 4 turns.
- Target Practice:
- MP cost reduced to 25 from 26.
- No longer applies Target Locked to self.
- The effect of Pierced has been changed. No longer inflicts -Bonus, instead it reduces foes' Avoidance and Defenses by 150 for 3 turns.
- MP cost increased to 20 from 17.
- Base damage increased from 170% to 200% total.
- Fire the Broadsides!:
- MP cost reduced to 25 from 40.
- Cooldown reduced to 7 from 16.
- Base damage reduced to 175%-225% from 230%-310%. This skill has an inherent 200 Crit, including Opening shots.
- No longer applies Cannon Ball!. Instead, applies Resounding Cannonade: -20 Boost and Bonus for 5 turns to the target.
- Cursed Treasure:
- Replaces Plunder & Sunder
- MP cost increased to 40 from 35.
- Base damage increased from 100% to 200%.
- Adds 1 to your Plunder count (2 with an Opening!)
- Potion stealing mechanic remains intact.
- Sundered Armor has been removed.
- Now applies Cursed Treasure to yourself for 6 turns. Cursed Treasure doubles the effect of Plunder while active (For example, at 5 stacks, skills will gain 100% base damage, up from 50%). However, if Cursed Treasure runs out, all of your Plunder stacks will be lost.
- There have been a number of tooltip and description adjustments as well!
Captain Rhubarb in Osprey Cove now has an About Pirate dialogue that explains the Opening and Plunder mechanic.
A massive thank you to the testers who made an extra effort to make sure this update was up to p-arr!
There have also been a number of other fixes and adjustments!
- The Voidsailor Pirate customization has had the button to toggle the Soul Loom made significantly larger.
- Fixed an issue with the quest Draggin' in Dragesvard where the random quest could spawn in a dead end.
- B.M. Moglin in Cysero's Superstore of Savings will no longer get confused after you change gender, name, or base class.
- Anything else I may have forgotten!
Unfortunately, we weren't able to finish preparing the Guardian Tower for this week's release. But it will be coming soon! We also didn't have time to continue Book 3's Re-imagining this week. The Ninja rework is in the works and coming soon, along with much much more!
Finally... AQ3D is giving away free Artix Points if you log in and find the secret code... or find a friend who already knows it! Sounds like a deal! Read more on how you can redeem the code here: https://www.artix.com/posts/how_to_redeem_artix_points/
And that's all for this week!
Have feedback about recent releases? Have any crazy theories or ideas? Want to discuss all things DragonFable?
Join the discussion on the official forums!
Want to play DragonFable without using an internet browser?
Check out the Artix Games Launcher!
Follow us on Twitter for sneak peeks and updates (and feel free to tweet us your fan art and feedback too!)
Follow us before it's too late!