A Taste of Delta
EpicDuel is about to go live with a major balance change that should be familiar to players who played and loved EpicDuel's Delta phase. Back then, weapons had stats that were inherent to the weapons. Each weapon also had enhancement slots that allowed for the equipping of extra stats on top of the inherent stats. This led to some creative and overpowered combinations that many still remember fondly.
In Omega, we allow players to add stats in whatever configuration they wish with one key limitation: the total stats in Strength, Dexterity, etc... are capped at a percentage of the total stats available for the weapon's level. We decided to take a bold swing and REMOVE that cap entirely! This means you can pour all available stats into one category! Want +28 Strength in your favorite level 40 sword? Now you can have it!
Is this crazy? Will this lead to some wild combinations we never could have predicted? Will it completely change the current balance meta? Probably!
We know this a wild change, but EpicDuel is at a point in it's development where we need to take some big swings to keep duels exciting and a builds diverse. Although this change has been tested thoroughly, there will be follow up updates to make inevitable adjustments. For now, explore and enjoy a taste of EpicDuel Delta!
Following up with a previous update in which we introduced new Credit versions of Varium cores, we're introducing a new batch at a VendBot near you for your consumption! We've also tweaked the original versions of some of these cores to help make them viable again. Expect more core updates and new Credit cores in future updates!
- Minor Absorption: When attacked by a bot, increase your energy by 25% of damage taken.
- Azrael's Will x25: Same as Varium version, but limited.
- Azrael's Torment x25: Same as Varium version, but limited.
- Minor Mark of Azrael: Adds a 15% Critical chance on a regular strike.
- Minor Improbability Gate: Deals Aux damage plus 7% of your target's max Health (Max 400).
- Minor Armored Roots: Root yourself in place, increasing Defense and Resistance 30% for 3 turns. Cannot use melee attacks.
- Minor Growth Serum: Increase target's base Support by 40% for 3 turns
- Minor Hatchling Rush: Attack your enemy, lowering all healing effects by 30% for 3 turns.
- Minor Jack-O-Fire: "Squashes" your foes, dealing 110% weapon damage.
- Minor Thorn Assault: Attack with thorns, dealing 110% Primary weapon damage.
- Minor Curse: Shrink the target, reducing base Support by 35% for 3 turns.
- Minor Curse Aura: 25% chance to inflict Minor Curse.
- Minor FrostBite: Freeze the enemy, reducing their energy by 35 points each turn for 3 turns; 5 turn cooldown; reusable
- Minor Frost Aura: 25% chance to inflict Minor FrostBite
- Minor Massive Strike: Your critical strikes ignore an extra 10% of your target's defense.
- Legion Strike: Summons a Legion Soldier to attack your enemies for 10% additional damage. Deals 50 extra damage to Exiles.
- Exile Strike: Summons an Exile Soldier to attack your enemies for 10% additional damage. Deals 50 extra damage to the Legion.
- Minor Chairman's Fury: Uppercut enemy for 110% damage and steal 35% of their current Rage.
- Frost Shards: 5 turn cooldown; reusable.
- FrostBite: 5 turn cooldown; reusable.
- Captain's Charge: Critical Health 40% HP (this applies to other active skills that trigger at full health); Reduce Strength and Support by 40 and decrease Defense/Resistance 35% for 3 turns.
- Mark of Azrael: Adds a 25% Critical chance on a regular strike.
- Legion Strike: Summons a Legion Soldier to attack your enemies for 20% additional damage. Deals 100 extra damage to Exiles.
- Exile Strike: Summons an Exile Soldier to attack your enemies for 20% additional damage. Deals 100 extra damage to the Legion.
- Massive Strike: Your critical strikes ignore an extra 15% of your target's defense.
- Chairman's Fury: Uppercut enemy for 120% damage and steal 50% of their current Rage.
All major balance changes (and most minor ones as well) tend to get tempers heated, but we'll be taking in feedback to help EpicDuel adapt to a new balance paradigm. We still have many levers to pull and knobs to turn to fine tune and mitigate the most excessive builds. In a worst case scenario, we can still reverse this change if all other options have been exhausted, so this change is worth giving a fair chance.